Sedation Dentistry in Canton, OH
Dr. Danner understands that patients can often have a fear of visiting the dentist, which is why we offer safe, effective options for sedation dentistry — for every type of appointment — to help you relax during your visit to our Canton, OH dentist’s office.
If the thought of visiting the dentist has you feeling anxious, Danner Dental is ready to help make your next appointment a calm and relaxing one.
Is Oral Conscious Dentistry The Best Choice For You?
Oral sedation dentistry is also often called “relaxation dentistry,” “anxiety-free dentistry,” or “sleep dentistry.” Oral sedation dentistry can be ideal for:
- Easing anxiety, you may feel before or during any type of dental appointment
- Allowing Dr. Danner to complete complex or extensive procedures in a single visit
- Patients with special needs who need help feeling calm during their dentist appointment
- Anyone who cannot control the gag reflex
- Patients who cannot comfortably lie flat for extended periods of time
The Advantages Of Oral Conscious Sedation Dentistry
If dental appointments make you anxious, Dr. Danner can prescribe oral sedation to help you feel more at ease during your visit. Oral conscious sedation is safe and comfortable.
Some of the advantages of conscious oral sedation dentistry:
- It’s easy to take. Dr. Danner will dispense medication to take the night prior to your appointment. This medication will still be in your system and Dr. Danner will administer additional medication at the appointment; those doses will work together to relax you and allow you to forget about your dental appointment. Please be sure to arrange transportation to and from our office on the day of your procedure.
- It’s safe. Every oral sedative Dr. Danner prescribes is regulated by the FDA and is safe for adults to use. Our staff will review your medical history with your physician before prescribing oral sedation.
- You won’t be unconscious. You’ll feel drowsy after taking oral sedation, but you’ll still be awake and responsive during your dental appointment. You don’t have to worry about not being able to respond to Dr. Danner’s instructions during your appointment, but you will remember very little of the procedure once it is complete.
Your Health Is In Good Hands With Dr. Danner
At Danner Dental, your health and well-being are our #1 priority. While that begins with a healthy smile, it also includes offering safe dentistry to our patients who might be feeling anxious about visiting the dentist.
Dr. Danner dedicates hours to continued training, including the most advanced techniques and requirements to help patients enjoy a comfortable dental visit. He has extensive training through the DOCS organization and years of experience providing sedation dentistry.
How Can We Help?
We want every visit to Danner Dental to be a positive one. If you are fearful of dental visits, or have had a negative dental experience in the past, please tell our dental team so we can discuss the possibility of oral sedation dentistry with you. We will take a complete medical history and review that with your physician prior to your appointment so we can make sure oral sedation is a safe option for you.
Intravenous Sedation Dentistry
At Danner Dental, your health and well-being are our #1 priority. While that begins with a healthy smile, it also includes offering safe dentistry to our patients who might be feeling anxious about visiting the dentist. Another type of sedation offered to our patients is IV-administered sedation. When this is preferred by the patient or recommended by Dr. Danner, we work with an anesthesiologist as part of our team, so that you can have your treatment completed here in our clinic without the need to be hospitalized for dental care.
At our Canton dental office, all safety guidelines are diligently followed, so you know you and your family are in good hands.
Have Questions About Sedation Dentistry?
Don’t let dental anxiety keep you and your family from receiving the dental care you need. Call Dr. Danner to schedule your dentist appointment with the help of oral sedation today!